The 2011 (7th Annual) WAMI Youth Showcase was held on July 5, 2011 at the Potawatomi Stage at Summerfest in Milwaukee, Wisconsin. 10 youth acts from around the state took to the stage to perform music from a variety of genres. The kids this year ranged in age from 11 to 18.
This year’s line up included:
- This Day and Age – a band from Franksville. Five 16 & 17 year olds, play alternative/rock.
- Danae Newallo – a 15 year old solo R & B singer from Madison performing a medley of popular contemporary vocals, including hits by Rhianna and Kesha.
- Jenna Lynne – a 15 year old student at Waukesha North, a singer/songwriter in the pop genre who will accompany herself on keyboard.
- Jackson Shepard – 15, from Hartland, who has extensive performing experience; a singer/ guitarist who will perform tunes made popular by Bob Dylan and The Beatles.
- Grace Becker – a 12 year old 7th grader from Hubertus, will perform her unique vocal styling on pop tunes by Selena Gomez and a tune last heard this season on “Glee”.
- Macyn Taylor – Macyn was a part of the Youth Showcase when she was 10, in 2005 and she’ll again be part of the Youth Showcase in 2011; showing us how much she’s progressed with her unique style of guitar playing and singing the blues.
- The Aquaknots – a 3 piece band from the Milwaukee/Bay View area, will perform tunes by Fatboy Slim, Jet and an original song; watch for their unique promotional items!
- Brooklynn Marti – a 17 year old singer/songwriter from Oconomowoc, who performs her own alternative pop originals, while playing her guitar.
- Nora Collins – who was a WAMI Rising Star nominee this past year, is a singer/songwriter from Brookfield who will accompany herself on guitar as she performs 2 of her originals.
- Stixx n Stonzz – an exciting 4-piece rock band, ages 12 through 16, from the Appleton area will close out the show with a not-to-be missed performance.
This year’s Youth Showcase was emcee’d by Barbara Wagner, the WAMI Youth Committee Chairperson and by WAMI Vice President James McMahon.